Interdisciplinary Research Center for Lifelong Sports and Physical Activity Facility Overview
Overview of the Interdisciplinary Research Center for Lifelong Sports and Physical Activity
The Interdisciplinary Research Center for Lifelong Sports and Physical Activity was established in April 2001 with the goal of working in broad collaboration with the local community to provide education on lifelong sports and physical activities and conduct practical sports instruction and interdisciplinary research.
The center promotes collaborative studies in fields of practical research primarily related to exercise, the development of sports programs, and instruction for people in every life stage, and provides, support for health and sports promotion at the local level, support for the education of lifelong sports instructors, and the measurement of the impact of exercise and sports programs on the local community.
- The promotion of collaborative research in the field of lifelong sports with national and local governments and private enterprise concerning lifelong sports
- Support for lifelong sports—support and research for the promotion of sports together with national and local governments and private enterprise
- Support for the development of campaigns, videos, manuals, and websites for the promotion of lifelong sport
- The promotion of practical research, measurement studies, and surveys surrounding improvements to the lifelong sports and health of the local community
- Practical guidance for the implementation of lifelong sports and programs to improve health
- The comprehensive planning and operation of workshops and seminars, including the provision of teachers to run them, and the creation of a comprehensive local sports club for the training of lifelong sports instructors
- The establishment of information networks with related institutions, both domestic and foreign, to create networks for the field of lifelong sports